This is Day 1 in the 30 Day Blogging Challenge.
I shared a tweet the other day about Sarah Arrow’s ebook, Zero to Blogger in 30 days, being given away free for a couple of days. I actually had a copy of the book from a previous giveaway and had not got round to reading it properly.
I mentioned to Sarah that I would like to do more blogging and she invited me to join her Facebook group. The blogging challenge is to write and share one post a day for the next 30 days. I said yes and then thought, “Oh, what have I let myself in for?” Managing one post a month has been the best I have done up until this point – but I thought that I needed to stretch myself, and joining a group seemed like a good way to get some accountability into the bargain.
So what am I hoping to get out of this venture?
- Get into the writing habit
- Write posts more quickly
- Get more enjoyment out of writing (I do enjoy blogging once I’m into it… I just need to be disciplined enough to make the time)
- Become more of a content producer than a content curator
- Have something of my own to share on social media
- Learn some new techy things which I can then write about
- Improve traffic to my site
- Learn how to publicise my blog and website better
- Make some new blogging friends
Not much to ask, is it? 🙂
I’m going to do my best to stick with it. I’ve got a number of post ideas mapped out, and the ebook has many other suggestions, so hopefully I won’t run out of inspiration.
If I do miss a day, I don’t want to get too despondent about it. The plan is to get back on the saddle and carry on as if nothing had happened. Wish me luck!
If you’ve taken part in the 30 day blogging challenge, I would love to hear how you got on and how you kept going. Please leave me a comment below.