Updated 9 May 2018.
Why a liveblog?
For CMA Live 2017 (content marketing conference extraordinaire), rather than writing about the event afterwards, as I usually do, I decided to do something different.
Liveblog the event.
I used the 24Liveblog WordPress plugin, which links to the 24liveblog online service.
It was fairly straightforward to set up and mostly behaved itself. I had a few hairy moments – not all the Twitter embeds worked, and on Friday some of my updates went out 4 times! (I still don’t know why.)
The plugin has since been closed to new installs, and the embed stopped working. So I’ve removed the plugin and added the liveblog in as a link at the end of this intro.
Advantages of liveblogging
- Records the event chronologically.
- Saves a lot of time!
- Can include embedded media e.g. tweets, which saved me having to upload photos! I especially loved Karen Reyburn’s beautiful pictorial note-taking.
- Thanks from people who couldn’t attend live.
— Business Resilience (@SBRSolution) June 8, 2017
Disadvantages of liveblogging
- Technical issues.
- Sometimes I missed things.
- Had to recharge laptop through the day.
- Trying to tweet at the same time is hard!
The speakers over the two days were:
CMA Live Day 1 speakers
- Chris Ducker on launching your product or service with live video.
- Col Gray and Ross Coverdale on the CMA rebranding.
- Roger Edwards on simplifying marketing and cutting out jargon.
- Yva Yorston on her entrepreneurial journey.
- Stefan Thomas on networking more effectively.
- Sharon Menzies on going “all in” in business.
- Doug Kessler on swearing in marketing.
- Cara Mackay on coping with trolls.
- Erika Napoletano on finding the Big Universal Question defining your brand.
CMA Live Day 2 speakers
- Mark Schaefer on becoming Known for what you do, with two real-life examples on stage.
- Andrew and Pete on creating shareworthy content clients will love.
- Pam Laird on dumping the nightmare customers and attracting the good ones.
- Janet Murray on how to use PR effectively.
- Karen Reyburn on niching down in your business for greater success.
- George B. Thomas on all the tools you need for an effective online business, without spending a fortune.
- Danielle Sheridan on starting her entrepreneurial journey.
- Marcus Sheridan on just being awesome in the world of content marketing.
Special thanks to Chris Marr for putting the event together!
Enjoy the liveblog by following the link below.