Updated 9 May 2018.
Why a liveblog?
For CMA Live 2017 (content marketing conference extraordinaire), rather than writing about the event afterwards, as I usually do, I decided to do something different.
Liveblog the event.
I used the 24Liveblog WordPress plugin, which links to the 24liveblog online service.
It was fairly straightforward to set up and mostly behaved itself. I had a few hairy moments – not all the Twitter embeds worked, and on Friday some of my updates went out 4 times! (I still don’t know why.)
The plugin has since been closed to new installs, and the embed stopped working. So I’ve removed the plugin and added the liveblog in as a link at the end of this intro.
Advantages of liveblogging
- Records the event chronologically.
- Saves a lot of time!
- Can include embedded media e.g. tweets, which saved me having to upload photos! I especially loved Karen Reyburn’s beautiful pictorial note-taking.
- Thanks from people who couldn’t attend live.
Thanks for sharing your live blog Claire. Not quite as good as being there but as close as I’m going to get. #cmalive2017 #dftba
— Business Resilience (@SBRSolution) June 8, 2017
Disadvantages of liveblogging
- Technical issues.
- Sometimes I missed things.
- Had to recharge laptop through the day.
- Trying to tweet at the same time is hard!
The speakers over the two days were:
CMA Live Day 1 speakers
- Chris Ducker on launching your product or service with live video.
- Col Gray and Ross Coverdale on the CMA rebranding.
- Roger Edwards on simplifying marketing and cutting out jargon.
- Yva Yorston on her entrepreneurial journey.
- Stefan Thomas on networking more effectively.
- Sharon Menzies on going “all in” in business.
- Doug Kessler on swearing in marketing.
- Cara Mackay on coping with trolls.
- Erika Napoletano on finding the Big Universal Question defining your brand.
CMA Live Day 2 speakers
- Mark Schaefer on becoming Known for what you do, with two real-life examples on stage.
- Andrew and Pete on creating shareworthy content clients will love.
- Pam Laird on dumping the nightmare customers and attracting the good ones.
- Janet Murray on how to use PR effectively.
- Karen Reyburn on niching down in your business for greater success.
- George B. Thomas on all the tools you need for an effective online business, without spending a fortune.
- Danielle Sheridan on starting her entrepreneurial journey.
- Marcus Sheridan on just being awesome in the world of content marketing.
Special thanks to Chris Marr for putting the event together!
Enjoy the liveblog by following the link below.
Leave a Reply